Doula Mentoring Circles
My Doula Mentoring Circles offer an intimate and stimulating space for personal and professional enrichment and development. Whether you are new to the doula profession or have attended many births over many years, it is essential that you commit to ongoing learning and skill development, self-care and burn-out prevention, and connecting with other doulas.
About My Doula Mentoring Circles
I craft my Doula Mentoring Circles as nurturing, rich, supportive, and challenging spaces. Together, we dive into the aspects of birth and doula work that feel scary, overwhelming, hard, or confusing. We acknowledge birth as a rite of passage and potential for spiritual, emotional, and psychological growth that the childbearing year can bring. Under my mentorship, you’ll emerge feeling more knowledgable, skilled, connected, supported, and confident.
- Each circle runs for six weeks, with a focus on a specific topic or theme (although there will be time for a variety of issues to be addressed).
- You’ll receive a handout, resources, and/or pre-recorded video from me at the start of the week, with some suggestions for optional, reflective activities to do throughout the week.
- We’ll meet on Zoom for 90 minutes each week (you’ll have access to the recording if you can’t make it live) to go a bit deeper into the material and share your insights and questions. Time is also reserved for your (confidential) case study or birth story questions.
- Private Facebook group for ongoing learning and connection throughout the six weeks.
- Private 45-minute Zoom call with me (one-on-one) at any time during the six week session.
- Discount code for you or your clients to use for any of my virtual services for up to a year.
- Cost is $350. Non-refundable deposit of $100 to hold your spot; full fee due prior to first Zoom gathering. Sliding scale available for birth workers in need from marginalized communities. Discounts available for groups of 3+ who register together for the same session.
- Space is limited to max of eight doulas per group, to insure coziness and personal attention.
- Sign-up now>
You’ll be mentored by me, Virginia Bobro–a seasoned, skilled, compassionate birth worker of 25+ years. I’ve taught, mentored, and supported doulas and other birth professionals (nurses, educators, midwives) around the world since 2006. The hats I’ve worn include: breastfeeding counselor for 25 years (an IBCLC for 15 of those), doula, childbirth educator, doula trainer, and co-owner, senior facilitator, and managing director of Birthing From Within (from 2008-2017), as well as mom to three grown children. I bring a wealth of knowledge, experience, humor, and wisdom to every Doula Mentoring Circle I run.
My focus is on psychological awareness and growth, trauma-awareness and recovery, healthy communication and relationships, and fostering resilience, mindfulness, and creativity as core aspects of moving through life’s struggles. My work is inclusive and trauma-informed, with a social justice, anti-racist lens. (Yes, we’ll be talking about the patriarchy’s effects on every aspect of birth and birth work.) Get a taste of my teaching and talking style at my YouTube channel. I’m an approved Continuing Education provider through the Nevada Board of RN, #NV000803; certificate of completion with 8.0 CEUs provided at end of session.
Is my Doula Mentoring Circle right for you? Here are some things to consider:
- Have you been through 15-25 hours of doula training?
- Have you attended at least a few births, or given birth yourself?
- Are you hungry for deep wisdom and “secrets” about doula work that seem just out of reach or not addressed in your trainings so far?
- Have you felt stuck when certain topics, issues, or situations arise during birth, or at prenatal or postpartum visits?
- Do you long for a mentor to hold you, teach you, inspire you, and encourage you?
- Are you seeking accountability and community so you can live up to your potential as a doula who has a sustainable practice and makes a difference?
Upcoming Doula Mentoring Circles
The Aftermath of Difficult and Traumatic Births: Supporting parents after a disappointing or difficult birth, or who are pregnant again after previous negative birth experience. We’ll explore the nuances of birth stories, how and why they change over time, and how to help parents and yourself make sense of traumatic, overwhelming, confusing, or otherwise hard births.
Pain and Fear: These are two essential topics that every doula will face. We’ll learn ways to think about and address these potentially touchy subjects. During prenatal appointments, how do you help parents navigate their worries while being both realistic and hopeful? What are some ways we can talk about the intensity of birth and postpartum in an empowering, connected way? What can we do when parents are overwhelmed by pain and/or fear during pregnancy or birth?
Art-making during the Childbearing Year: As an artist and facilitator of Birthing From Within’s online Birth Art Course for many years, I know the power of birth art! Non-verbal creativity can help us and our clients access knowing, power, questions, and answers that the linear, cognitive mind cannot. You’ll learn why, when, and how to lead your clients (and yourself) through empowering, revealing art-making processes.
PAY DEPOSIT to reserve your spot. Date listed in scheduling calendar is tentative, just a place-holder for now.
I look forward to supporting you. Having a supportive, skilled mentor can make all the difference in your doula journey