~CLASSES FOR PARENTS~
- Childbirth Preparation classes are being formed for 2020. Please contact me for more info.
- Listen to a short interview with Virginia about mindful, courageous childbirth preparation. Link >
- February 9, 2020: Las Vegas, NV
- Is your experience of giving birth negatively impacting your life, relationships, or parenting? If so, you’re invited to honor the transformative journey of the childbearing year at this intimate facilitated class for people who gave birth and had difficult, disappointing, surprising, or otherwise negative experiences, and who want to begin or continue the healing and integration process. More info and register >
~WORKSHOPS FOR PROFESSIONALS~
- January 11, 2020: Las Vegas, NV
- Whether you are new to birth-work or are a seasoned professional, this workshop is for you. Keep up-to-date on the latest research and best practices for helping parents get breastfeeding off to a good start. More info and register >
- February 21, 2020: Las Vegas, NV
- May 2020: Los Angeles, CA
- Through thought-provoking teachings and experiential processes, we explore the power of birth stories (whether disappointing, traumatic, or triumphant), how they emerge and evolve, and how to look at any birth through a nuanced and compassionate lens. This workshop is designed for perinatal professionals, including nurses, midwives, doulas, educators, yoga teachers, social workers, therapists, breastfeeding counselors, and support group leaders. More info and register >
Live event on Sunday, January 12 from 2-4 pm. Everyone who registers will receive a link to the recorded event, to watch at your own convenience. More info and register >
Coming in 2020:
(If you want to be on the interest/notification list when these events and courses go “live” be sure to sign up for my email list!)
- Inanna Retreat (Inspiration, reflection, and connection: a four-week online course & community)
- Emerging Birth Stories: Explore Your Experience of Giving Birth (online course & comunity)
- Helping Parents After a Difficult Birth (professional online course & community)
SELECTED PAST EVENTS
“Plant a Seed: Grow a Village” CAPEA Conference (Childbirth and Parenting Educators of Australia)
Keynote Speaker and Workshop Presenter
Melbourne, Australia; May 23-25, 2018 . Virginia’s Sessions: Childbirth Education and the Roots of Emotional Birth Trauma; Teaching About Caesareans: A Compassionate, Honest, and Effective Approach; Solution-Focused Childbirth Preparation.
Watch video of Virginia discussing her sessions at this conference!