~CLASSES FOR PARENTS~
- Childbirth Preparation classes are being formed for 2020. Please contact me for more info.
- Listen to a short interview with Virginia about mindful, courageous childbirth preparation. Link>
- February 9, 2020: Las Vegas, NV
- Is your experience of giving birth negatively impacting your life, relationships, or parenting? If so, you’re invited to honor the transformative journey of the childbearing year at this intimate facilitated class for people who gave birth and had difficult, disappointing, surprising, or otherwise negative experiences, and who want to begin or continue the healing and integration process. More info and register >
~WORKSHOPS FOR PROFESSIONALS~
- February 21, 2020: Las Vegas, NV
- Through thought-provoking teachings and experiential processes, we explore the power of birth stories (whether disappointing, traumatic, or triumphant), how they emerge and evolve, and how to look at any birth through a nuanced and compassionate lens. This workshop is designed for perinatal professionals, including nurses, midwives, doulas, educators, yoga teachers, social workers, therapists, breastfeeding counselors, and support group leaders. More info and register >
(If you want to be on the interest/notification list when these events and courses go “live” be sure to sign up for my email list!)
- What If…? Preventing and Overcoming Regrets about Birth. February 6, 5-6:30 pm (Pacific) “What if …I’d made a different decision? …I’d been stronger or tried harder? …I knew then what I know now? …I’d spoken up?” Live online class for expectant and new parents and anyone who supports or works with them. Can’t attend live? Don’t worry– you get the recording and can watch at your convenience. Read more and register >
- An Online Retreat: Inanna’s Journey, Your Journey : June 2-30, 2020. This course ~ this story ~ is for you. We offer you a creative, soul-nourishing pathway to self-discovery, meaning, reconnection, and healing, as you return, whole yet transformed, to your authentic self. Read more>
- Emerging Birth Stories: Explore Your Experience of Giving Birth (online course & comunity): TBA
- Helping Parents After a Difficult Birth (professional online course & community): TBA
SELECTED PAST EVENTS
“Plant a Seed: Grow a Village” CAPEA Conference (Childbirth and Parenting Educators of Australia)
Keynote Speaker and Workshop Presenter
Melbourne, Australia; May 23-25, 2018. Virginia’s Sessions: Childbirth Education and the Roots of Emotional Birth Trauma; Teaching About Caesareans: A Compassionate, Honest, and Effective Approach; Solution-Focused Childbirth Preparation.
Watch video of Virginia discussing her sessions at this conference!