~CLASSES FOR PARENTS~
- Childbirth Preparation classes are being formed for 2020. Please contact me for more info.
- Listen to a short interview with Virginia about mindful, courageous childbirth preparation. Link >
- December 14, 2019: Las Vegas, NV
- February 9, 2020: Las Vegas, NV
- Is your experience of giving birth negatively impacting your life, relationships, or parenting? If so, you’re invited to honor the transformative journey of the childbearing year at this intimate facilitated class for people who gave birth and had difficult, disappointing, surprising, or otherwise negative experiences, and who want to begin or continue the healing and integration process. More info and register >
~WORKSHOPS FOR PROFESSIONALS~
- January 11, 2020: Las Vegas, NV
- Whether you are new to birth-work or are a seasoned professional, this workshop is for you. Keep up-to-date on the latest research and best practices for helping parents get breastfeeding off to a good start. More info and register >
- February 21, 2020: Las Vegas, NV
- Spring 2020: Los Angeles, CA
- Through thought-provoking teachings and experiential processes, we explore the power of birth stories (whether disappointing, traumatic, or triumphant), how they emerge and evolve, and how to look at any birth through a nuanced and compassionate lens. This workshop is designed for perinatal professionals, including nurses, midwives, doulas, educators, yoga teachers, social workers, therapists, breastfeeding counselors, and support group leaders. More info and register >
New Moon Renewal Retreats, inspired by Inanna’s Descent
*FREE* monthly live interactive group workshops. Inspired by the myth of Queen Inanna’s Descent into the Underworld, we touch into the New Moon as a monthly invitation for resting and turning inward. Unwind and re-connect with yourself in a meaningful way in a creative, nurturing, and thoughtful space. These one-hour virtual retreats are open to anyone, and are particularly supportive and appropriate for mothers, seekers, and anyone feeling overwhelmed or depleted. Attend just one, or sign up for every one! Advance registration is required.
NEW MOON RETREATS 2019
(all times U.S. Pacific/west coast time)
Mon., Feb. 4: 10-11 am * LISTENING to INTUITION
Wed., Mar. 6: 6:30-7:30 pm * YES, NO, and INDECISIVENESS
Fri., April 5: 10-11 am * ENDINGS: GRIEF, LOSS, and STRENGTH
Sat., May 4: 4-5 pm * THRESHOLDS of CHANGE
Mon., June 3: 7-8 pm * WHO ARE YOU?
Tues., July 2: 12-1 pm * FEAR and COURAGE
Wed., July 31: 7:30-8:30 pm * SHADOWS and INTEGRATION
August: TBA * TRUSTING STILLNESS, TRUSTING SELF
Sat., Sept., 28: 10-11 am * TRUSTING OTHERS
October: TBA * VULNERABILITY
Tues., Nov. 26: 11 am-noon * SIFTING STORIES, SHIFTING STORIES
Sun., Dec. 29: 1-2:30 pm * WALKING with WISDOM
SELECTED PAST EVENTS
“Plant a Seed: Grow a Village” CAPEA Conference (Childbirth and Parenting Educators of Australia)
Keynote Speaker and Workshop Presenter
Melbourne, Australia; May 23-25, 2018 . Virginia’s Sessions: Childbirth Education and the Roots of Emotional Birth Trauma; Teaching About Caesareans: A Compassionate, Honest, and Effective Approach; Solution-Focused Childbirth Preparation.
Watch video of Virginia discussing her sessions at this conference!